MUSIC NEWS- In an effort to help communities impacted by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, some of today's hottest bands have joined together with Global Green USA to release a benefit compilation album entitled Gasoline Rainbows, out on November 30, 2010 via Roark Records exclusively as a digital download.
The compilation was brought together by actress Sophia Bush and actor Austin Nichols, likely best known for their roles on the television show One Tree Hill. Sophia and Austin travelled, with Global Green, to Grand Isle, LA, visiting beaches and seeing the devastation wrought by the Deepwater Horizon spill first hand. Moved by the stretches of oil along the once-beautiful beaches, as well as the devastation to the wildlife, they decided to help in whatever way they could, and this compilation is the direct result.
100% of the artist and label proceeds from Gasoline Rainbows will be used for Global Green's oil spill response to directly assist the local communities, people, and ecosystems impacted by the BP Oil Spill, educate the public, push for more regulation (to ensure a tragedy like this never happens again) and advocate for a greener, cleaner economy.
Gasoline Rainbows will include material by some of the most popular names in music, alongside new up-and-coming talents, including music by LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Silversun Pickups, Vampire Weekend, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, among others.
Not only will the compilation feature incredible tracks by these artists, the set will contain three brand new, previously unreleased tracks as well. Singer-songwriters Amy Kuney, Damien Rice and City and Colour will all be providing never before heard material for the compilation.
GASOLINE RAINBOWS Track List:
1. "Gasoline Rainbows" - Amy Kuney*
2. "Armistice" - Phoenix
3. "40 Day Dream" - Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros
4. "There's No Secret's This Year" - Silversun Pickups
5. "At The Birds Foot" - City and Colour*
6. "The Connoisseur of Great Excuse" - Damien Rice*
7. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" - The National
8. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys
9. "Let The Time Roll By" - Onward, Soldiers
10. "Moth's Wings" - Passion Pit
11. "Floating Vibes" - Surfer Blood
12. "Mama Taught Me Better" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
13. "I Can Change" - LCD Soundsystem
14. "Cousins" - Vampire Weekend
*Brand new material